Bringing Katya Home Blog

Saturday, November 22, 2008

REASON TO GIVE THANKS

I was just musing on the many reasons I have to give thanks. Among those at the top of my thanksgiving list is a sweetheart of a girl who volunteered to ferry Bill back and forth to work until he can again drive. Chas always has a smile on her face and has been so pleasant about going a little out of her way each day to pick Bill up. She has saved me countless hours that I would have had to drive (about 3 hours a day). So you can see why I am so thankful for her and her willing spirit. So this week, I intend to make a pumpkin roll for her as a thank-you gift ESPECIALLY FROM ME.

Bill had a check-up with his orthopedic surgeon this past Tuesday and the report was truly encouraging. Bill now has 80% flexion of his knee, no pain, a 8 inch surgery scar that is barely visible, and . . .

permission to set aside his crutches and EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE & HEAVY brace whenever he is in the house. That means sleep at night, because it also means that he may sleep without that extremely uncomfortable brace. Sleep is a sweet thing! He must still wear his brace when he leaves the house.

The doctor is WELL-PLEASED by his progress and said that at Bill's next check-up in 4 weeks he should be able to say good-bye to the brace for good.

So, although I have MANY, MANY more reasons to give thanks to God for His blessings, these two are definitely high on my list.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails