Bringing Katya Home Blog

Saturday, November 20, 2010

I've Been Kidnapped by the Karito Kids. . .

Gracious, it's been quite a while since I've sat down here at the computer to interact with all of you. I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, but I have been immersed in a rather secret project. Finally, today the wrapper came off, and I can finally share the news and my excitment with all the people I love. I have been nearly bursting keeping this little secret to myself.

Since about the time of my last post, I have been adapting some fabulous patterns that Cinnamon Miles, Designer and Founder of Liberty Jane Clothing, had created for 18" American Girl Dolls. Anyone who knows me, knows my love for American Girl dolls and making fashions for them. Then I was introduced to the Karito Kids and have fallen in love with them as well.

When Cinnamon approached me about adapting some designs for the Karito Kids, I was honored and just thrilled to pieces.

So while I REALLY haven't been kidnapped by the Karito Kids I have been knee-deep in the project. Thus far I have adapted pieces for three patterns and am in the midst of the fourth. I have sewn a tank top, 4 tee shirts, 4 strappy tanks, 2 skirts, a pair of leggings, and two pair of jeans for the photos. And I have taken an awful lot of pictures of the completed items.

I have been so busy that no time has been left for blogging, and my Etsy Shoppe is rather poorly stocked these days because I have precious little time to sew things to put in it. Bill and the kids have been so sweet to pitch in around here to pick up the slack of my undone chores. And I could never be doing this without their wonderful help and support.

But, this is something I have dreamed about for half my life. . . to design doll clothes for someone other than myself. And I have to tell you today that I am so excited, and I thank the Lord with every stitch and photo along the way. Cinnamon Miles has been such a dear; I thank the Lord for letting our paths cross. She has shared so liberally!

Sorry for rambling; guess you can tell I'm sort of giddy. Just wanted to say hi, apologize that updates may be scarce for awhile, but at least now you know why. I know not everyone can get excited about doll clothes, and that is one of the reasons why I started the Maiden Flight blog -- to keep my personal/sewing blog from being over-run by my doll designing enthusiasm. I hope you'll overlook my making an exception in this post, but this is really too much to keep to myself. And since it is affecting me so profoundly -- I guess that makes it personal as well.

Anyway here's the cover to the first pattern book. . . that's my doll and I made those clothes. . . I have to pinch myself because this all just amazes me. The patterns will be available in the next week or so at Liberty Jane Patterns.







You can check out Cinnamon's announcement of the patterns to be released here.

Note Added: February 1, 2011 -- 9:05 pm

Although this post is two months old,I have noticed that many web serches about Karito Kids have brought folks to this post. If you are interested in some more things that we have been doing for Karito Kid dolls, please check out our Maiden Flight Clothing blog. I think you will definitely enjoy seeing the fashions and information we have there.

Nanci

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

wow. This is just so huge.

YAY for Maiden Flight and Co.!!!

(I am so proud of you!)

What a HUGE accomplishment!

Nanci said...

I wanted so badly to call you last evening, but it was so late. YOU were the first person I wanted to tell. Looks like you were up late, too! So I could have called.

momawake said...

Congratulations! Woohoo!

Dana said...

How neat!!! So excited for you. Please keep blogging about your designs--Gracen will be thrilled. AG dolls have been a big part of her life for a while.

Related Posts with Thumbnails