Bringing Katya Home Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Recent American Girl Doll Sewing Project

I've been very busy around here lately as testified to by my lack of blogging. Our homeschool program is back in full swing, I've been doing a lot of sewing, and a little bit of designing.
So here's a look at what I've been working on.

Here's Sam sporting a Liberty Jane pattern design of an olive green T-shirt and khaki jeans. The only change I made to the pattern was to make the sleeves 3/4 length (instead of cap sleeves) which is very popular this fall fashion season. The crocheted cap is my own design.

The spaghetti strap top is, also, my own design. I love the layered look, and I think it blends very well with the Liberty Jane Design.


I used the same LJ pattern I mentioned before for the Tee and jeans. I think the Bittersweet orange shirt and copper cap really change the appearance of the entire outfit.


I really was pleased with the handkercheif hemline on the top, which was inspired by a shirt Orangeblossom wore this summer. It looks nice layered or all by itself.

A close up of the shirt's details.

Close up of the jean's. They have actual pockets in front and back, a faux fly, and lots of topstitching.
I'm really looking forward to sewing some more trendy doll clothes to sell. Orangeblossom is loving these, and the pieces mix and match to make lots of great outfits and looks.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Ooh, I love that! The striped tunic shirt is adorable...the whole outfit is something I would totally wear. :-)

Nanci said...

Amy,
Thank you soooooooooo much! You just made my day. That was the exact response I wanted to hear. Orangeblossom had said the same thing, but it always seems less partial if it comes from someone outside the family.

Anyway, that was the look that I was striving for -- something you would see a teen wearing down the street.

Thanks again,

Nanci

PS We absolutely love your friends Tee, the one that says, "Beware, I'm an unsocialized homeschooler". I laughed so hard because that is one of the biggest jokes around our house.

Amy said...

Well you are very welcome!

Ah yes, the unsocialized homeschooler T's. lol! They have gotten some of the FUNNIEST reactions from it! Probably the best one was when a lady honestly was offended by it because she didn't realize it was a joke, and was all in a dither because "Her nephew was homeschooled and he was most surely not unsocialized."
The lady was quite shocked when our friends agreed with her, and then explained it was a joke, and then she was all nice and sweet and thought it was very funny. But they always get reactions wherever they go! Sometimes they have people at grocery stores peeking around the aisles and checkout lanes so they can get a better look at "the shirt". :-D

momawake said...

I like the orange too and the layered look.

Related Posts with Thumbnails