Bringing Katya Home Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mr. Wolinsky, Thank You From the Bottom of My Heart



I am so excited to share my NEWEST FIND with you today. For about a year now, I have wanted to understand how to create Web pages and use HTML. I have even looked at several books on the subject to try and learn the process, but even the “For Dummies” books left me feeling as though I were going down for the third time, drowning in an sea of information that was “over my head”. What I needed was the B.A.S.I.C.S. – you know, the stuff elementary age kids are learning in school. I had just about given up on the idea, when quite accidentally, I came across this book in the Children’s Section of the library.







Well, I’m not too proud to say that I am only on a kid’s level on this subject. I was ready to give it one more shot – a sort of last-ditch effort. So I took the book home to read it and do the little exercises.

WOOOOOOO -eeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAYDIRT!!!!!!

I understood what the author was saying! I understood how to do it and why! He's not out to impress me with his TECHNO-JARGON; he's out to help me UNDERSTAND and LEARN and DO. I’ll grant you; it is only a spring board for learning more about the subject, but at least I now have HOPE that I CAN learn it.

Here is an exerpt from the books jacket. “In Creating and Publishing Web Pages on the Internet, author Art Wolinsky takes readers on a step-by-step journey through the planning and creation of multiple Web pages. . . The author also provides basic information needed for creating future Web publishing projects!”

It further states that “Art Wolinsky is an experienced teacher who has spent the last fifteen years teaching technology to middle school and high school students.”

Anyway, I thought I'd share the wealth. Perhaps there are others like me out there who would really like to understand HTML a little better, but really needed a foundation on which to build. I’m telling you, “This book has been a great help to me and I think it could help you, too.”

So, Mr. Wolinsky (wherever you are), you have my deepest gratitude!!!




Y You're never too old to learn,

Nanci

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails