Bringing Katya Home Blog

Monday, August 3, 2009

THIS ONE'S FOR YOU


I realize that it has been a while since I have said much about anything has been going on in our family. I have been so busy preparing and posting the last sewing tutorials for young sewers that much of everything else here at Brambleberry Cottage seems to have taken a back seat. So, for those of you who know us and visit here for the news on our family, "This Ones For You!"

The picture above pretty much sums up how I start out each morning - E.A.R.L.Y ! (Well, at least by my standards.) ;D I'm on the road taking The Eldest to work most mornings at 5:30. The hollow we live in always seems to be drenched in fog at that time of the morning, but I have been rather enjoying it. It's quiet and serene, not a bad way to start your day.

By the time I get back to the house, Bill and I have about a half-hour to talk over the coming day before he heads out the door for work. Occasionally, but not often, I have had to make the hour and a half round-trip drive to take him to work, because I have needed the car for the day.

Most mornings, I have a few hours to myself before (Not-so) Little Thing Two and Thing Three pull themselves out of bed around nine o'clock. This has given me time to enjoy some "alone time" meditating on scripture or in prayer. It also gives me a little time to work on some projects I have been excited about before my attention is diverted by two lively teenagers.

Life is not so "laid back" this summer as it has been in the past. We have been dealing with many pressing issues; some of these are of a more personal nature that I won't share here -- others involve the great many details that have to be worked out in order for the Eldest to hopefully attend College classes which begin in just three weeks.

She PASSED HER DRIVER'S EXAM over a week ago, and so at last she has her Driver's License. The same day her brother PASSED HIS KNOWLEDGE EXAM and got his Learner's Permit. You can only imagine the BEAMING SMILES that plastered their faces that day!

She is still deperately in need of a car for her daily commute school. We are a "vehicle and a half family" (van & motorcycle). So we are waiting on the Lord for His provision for her in this area. Her funds are very limited, so she is getting a little nervous. This is a "growing in the Lord" time for her. I have been reminding her that scripture so often instructs us to REMEMBER -- Remember what God has done in the past for His people (as recorded in Scripture) and to remember what He has done for us personally and the way He has supplied for her to attend college ( a thing that looked impossible to our earthly eyes just months ago). This is indeed a time for her growing in faith and trusting in the Lord.

Our front yard is now "tree-less", a fact that I am still lamenting. The roots of the two Maples near the house were causing some structural damage, and the the Pines closer to the road were putting so much pressure on the electrical lines that they were threatening to bring the wires down. Dear friends came by for a day to help cut the two large Pines and haul logs home to use in their furnace this winter. I am so thankful for this family for so many reasons. They have been a great encouragement to our family. Bill and our son would have been hard-pressed to do the job alone since Bill's accident and resulting surgery on his leg last autumn. They were; however, able to take care of the smaller Maples without extra help.

I have been especially busy this summer working on a "kinda" dream of mine, that I am excited about, and I will be "letting you in on" that in the near future.

God has been blessing, encouraging and challenging Bill and me through the sermons our pastor has been preaching over the past several months. Many unknowns and concerns for our family and our nation often cause great emotions to well up in me as God speaks to me through His Word. It is often with great difficulty that I try to hold back tears during corporate worship. While I have no trouble openly showing my joy, tears are a much more private matter for me, and I would rather save tears for when I am alone. Still, I am so thankful for a pastor who gives much attention to the Word and has such a great love for his Lord and His people. We are truly blessed as a congregation.

We have not been able to take any trips this summer, but I am looking forward to a day trip to Kishacoquillas Valley this month. Many of you know it is one of my favorite places to spend the day. We will go down on the day of the week when the Amish hold the barn auction and also visit the massive flea market in near-by Readsville.
So as they say, "THAT'S ALL THE NEWS THAT IS NEWS"! Well, at least that's news here at Brambleberry Cottage.


Y Blessings,

Nanci

1 comment:

Deb said...

Sounds like you've had a busy but blessed summer!! Great to catch up with you my friend!
Blessings!
Deb

Related Posts with Thumbnails