Bringing Katya Home Blog

Monday, August 11, 2008

The Heavens Declare

My youngerdaughter has become our resident "shutterbug". An evening or so ago she came rushing into the house, grabbed her camera on the fly, and was back out the door again faster than I could ask, "What's happening? Where are you goin?" Now I'm an extremely curious type, so it seemed the only action for me was to rush out after her and find out what was causing all the excitement. THIS is what met my eyes. I wanted to share it with all of you.
We watched this kaliedoscope change before our eyes.

We marveled at the beauty.

I silently worshipped my God who can paint the sky in such a breathtaking way...
until at last we were viewing a serene sky with only the moon peeking through the clouds.

I was left thanking God for my twelve year old's love for the beauty of God's creation and for her desire to chronicle it. All the while I watched, I kept reflecting on Psalm 19:1 - 6

"The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork. Day unto day utters speech, and night unto night reveals knowledge. There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard. Their line has gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun, which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoices like a strong man to run its race. Its rising is from one end of heaven, and its circuit to the other end; And there is nothing hidden from its heat."

What a gracious and good God to declare Himself in such a way that no one on this entire globle has not seen the beauty of nature calling out that there is a Creator God. Should this not drive us to the more specific declaration He gives us in His Holy Scriptures?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails