Bringing Katya Home Blog

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

More of the Same

Like his mama my manchild is extremely uncomfortable in front of a camera. Very few photos of him portray him as he really is -- a fun loving kid who is always smiling. The moment the camera is pointed at him, he freezes or gets a weird look on his face or worse yet gets a forced or pained smile on his face. It is almost impossible to get a portrait of all three of my children together, because he just can't relax enough before camera to get a nice, natural look.

























Having said that, I want you to take a good look at my boy -- you may never again see another picture of him as he really is. What ever could have caused him to give such a naturally broad smile in a picture?

Actually, he couldn't quit grinning after bagging his deer on Friday. I thought he was going to burst. That dimple he flashes is a heart stopper.

I've cropped this picture to spare the faint in heart the reason for this smile.


So last night, HE got THE FIRST BITE of the venison steak -- THE VICTOR'S REWARD!!!!!

... and another night of canning and packing kept us all busy. His deer provided us with

  • 5 quarts of cold-packed meat
  • 9 - 1 pound bags of hot italian sausage
  • 11 - 1 pound bags of sweet italian sausage
  • 3 - 1 pound bags of venison burger

Great job, Buddy!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

awww He looks so happy! My FIL brought us some deer steaks a week or so ago and they were GOOD!

Bonnie said...

Great Job! My DH has bagged 3 dear this season, and we are hoping for a 4th to can.
The butchering pictures reminded me of many cold childhood afternoons helping my dad and 2 of my brothers butcher. I don't miss it, and (guilty grin) have been rather thankful that we have nowhere to hang a deer, so off it goes to the processors. (who, are Christians, so I don't mind the bill so much).
Enjoy all that venison!

Related Posts with Thumbnails