I was happy to have finished his blanket and hat in time.
Here you see the hat more clearly. I always believed that knit items have a more supple feel to them, so I knit the main portion of the hat in a K1 - P1 ribbing. Then I added a crocheted cuff to match the afghan and little flaps to keep those little baby ears warm.
I plan to ammend this post later to include the directions for the ripple afghan (and perhaps the hat), but for right now I thought I'd just show the finished product for Sew Crafty Friday.
For those who might be interested I did notice that Shereen posted an update at her blog last Thursday. While we wait for Shereen to resume her Sew Crafty Friday posts, you might want to visit another Sew Crafty Friday project posted by