Bringing Katya Home Blog

Thursday, September 25, 2008

SELF-APPOINTED EDITORS

My two daughters have taken great interest in my writings here. For the older one, it began when she first started writing up her CVS buys for me to post. For the younger one, it began when I started showing some of my creations for American Girl dolls. As for my son, he's generally uninterested since I don't talk much about hunting, vehicles, or heavy equipment.

I have an idea of what I want to share here -- things I'm interested in or thoughts that are on my mind. However, it seems that over the past two months, I have picked up "two little hitchhikers" that feel they could better direct the path of this blog. (How did I ever survive in this world before they were here to direct me? LOL)

Recently my elder "editor" instructed me, "Mama, you need to add some more of your recipes. You have posted only the one for Jalapeno Jelly and that was quite a while back. The recipe for apple cake would really be good."

My family loves this cake. It is a very moist cake with chunks of apples and walnuts and a crisp, crunchy shell that is usually well received by those to whom we serve it. The wonderful thing is that the recipe ingredients are common items that are usually in the pantry.

Apple Cake

2 cups flour
2 cups granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 cup oil
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups Yellow Delicious apples cut in 1/2" cubes
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts

Grease and flour Bundt Pan.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.


Sift together dry ingredients.
Add rest of ingredients and mix well.
(Batter will be thick.)

Bake for 1 hour & 15 minutes.

Once cooled and removed from bundt pan, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.

Mmmm... Mmmm Good!

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I LOVE this cake! A friend of mine made us one as a wedding gift (22 years ago) and since Danny had to go to work the day after we were married we stayed at home. I had a roast in the crock-pot ready for when we were........ :) .....and that fresh apple cake. I can still remember the taste of it. SOOOO GOOD!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails